Description: After 12 years of working to rescue, rehabilitate and reintegrate child survivors of slavery and numerous awards, we have a lot to be proud of. However, we are always striving to do and be better, so we are looking for someone to design and implement monitoring and evaluation tools of our various programmes. Using the results of the monitoring and evaluation, this position will then help to design and develop new projects and programmes in collaboration with the Grants Relationship Manager.
If you are passionate about getting results and using those results to improve systems moving forward this might be the position for you. If you are interested in using data to address and end some of the greatest injustices of our time, then we might be looking for you.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan of the organisation, in line with projects objectives.
- Responsible for the design and development of projects to respond to monitoring and evaluation outcomes.
- Maintain and operate a management information system of all projects training activities and key events that are regularly updated to reflect progress and performance
- Generate and provide required information and data on all variables and indicators – outputs an outcome – required for preparing projects reports and proposals
- Implement all monitoring and evaluation processes of our programmes including facilitating projects baseline, mid-term and end-of-project reviews
- Lead in the development of competitive bidding proposals within the framework of the strategic plan, the 10-year impact report, and the outcomes of the organisation’s monitoring and evaluation outcomes, and needs.
- Liaise with programme managers for regular documentation of project learning and best practices
- Monitor overall projects implementation against annual work plans and provide updates
- Keep the projects managers and the project team advised on the progress and issues that may affect the successful achievements of projects expected results
- Work with programme team to design, develop, and implement projects strategies and plans, ensuring they are in line with the project objectives, strategies, principles and Challenging Heights’ vision and mission
- Ensure documentation of key processes, progress and lessons from Challenging Heights projects and contribute to Challenging Heights’ knowledge management practices
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum bachelor degree in development planning or studies, management information system, statistics or any related programme.
- Track record in projects monitoring and evaluation systems design and implementation, including knowledge in database design, management and analysis.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of community projects, with special consideration for rescue and recovery of trafficked children, livelihoods, and advocacy.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to communicate in Twi or Fante will be an added advantage.
- Maturity and highest levels of professionalism and ethical behavior.
- Critical thinking skills and high-level analytical skills.
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Google Suite and database software (SPSS).
- Capacity to multitask and work within deadlines.
- Research skills, and knowledge of international development or human trafficking is a significant advantage.
- Knowledge of international development or human trafficking is a significant advantage.