Company Description SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation - by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Overview of the Project
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992. SNV has recently been awarded funding from the European Union for the implementation of a Trust Fund project, which aims to promote employment, entrepreneurship and support the greening of businesses for sustainable and climate resilient local economies in Ghana.
The project is currently seeking applicants for a full-time position for
Employability and Entrepreneurship Skills Development Advisor
The position is based in Takoradi, Ghana
SNV currently seeks a full-time Employability & Entrepreneurship Skills Development Advisor for the EU Trust Fund project. The Advisor will be responsible for the region’s Employability and Entrepreneurship Skills Development components of the project, and will work in coordination with the National Skills Development Specialist. The Advisor will work closely with project partners, service providers and sub-contractors, respectively in the Ashanti region.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the key responsibilities of the Employability and Entrepreneurship Skills Development Advisor will include the following:
- Coordinate the implementation of OYE Skills Development activities within the region, with the selected Skills Development Service providers, as per the project key results.
- In close collaboration with the National Skills Development Specialist and selected Skills Development service provider, coordinate:
- the formulation of selection criteria for service recipients (youth, women and returning migrants), in consultation with project partners and project team members in the regions of intervention;
- the selection of service recipients to participate in the Skills Development programme.
- Co-facilitate, with the selected Skills Development service provider and the National Skills Development Specialist, basic life and business skills training aimed at further enhancing service recipients’ motivation, drive, aspirations and plans related to employment and entrepreneurship.
- Supervise the implementation of market opportunity assessments and the grouping of service recipients, based upon their interests and motivation for (self-) employment in selected sectors/thematic areas.
- Facilitate linkages between service recipients and market opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship.
- Coordinate the implementation of entrepreneurship trainings and the support for establishing businesses.
- Co-organize training programmes with service recipients/sub-contractors and facilitate the creation of youth saving and lending associations.
- Mobilise and collaborate with multiple stakeholders in Agriculture, Energy, Waste Management, Circular Economy, and Digital themes relevant to employment and entrepreneurship.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with employers, TVET/training providers and relevant organisations to generate employment opportunities and skills development.
- Provide specialist advise on internships/apprenticeships and other learning pathways.
- Track and coordinate job placements; maintain log of contacts and performance records.
- Master’s degree plus 3 years of experience OR Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years of experience in a relevant discipline, such as entrepreneurship, inclusive business, agricultural economics, agribusiness, energy economics and business administration;
- Proven track record in employability skills development in projects of similar nature, preferably in international development organizations on the following themes:
o Entrepreneurship/private sector development;
o inclusive business/market-based models;
o multiple stakeholder facilitation, public private partnerships;
o innovative solutions (digital, circular economy);
- Demonstrated experience in managing capacity building programmes; background in training preferred;
- Proactive and entrepreneurial attitude; exploring and developing innovative approaches that appeal to rural and urban/peri-urban youth and women are considered an advantage;
- Excellent networking skills; ability to engage with the public and private sectors, as well as civil society;
- Excellent (writing and oral) communication skills, reporting and presentation skills;
- Ability, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, to exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate with Management;
- Available for frequent travel in the project areas.
* Women are encourage to apply.
* Application Deadline: February 15th 2020
* Contract Duration: Initial 2 yearscontract
* Contract Type:National Contract
Application Guidelines: Please read these carefully. Failure to comply will adversely affect your application.
- Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their applications in English in the form of a one-page letter and current CV outlining experience, qualifications and three reference contacts by uploading these information not later than February 15th 2020.
- Only those applicants whose work experience and education meet the mandatory requisites above will be considered for the position, and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below. 2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description...
From University Of Cape Coast - Central
Published 22 days ago
Company Profile Company : AFRICAWORK City : Accra Country : Ghana Industries : IT, software engineering, Internet Education, training Temporary work...
From Africawork - Greater Accra
Published 14 days ago
Company Profile Company : CHALE SOCKS City : Tema Country : Ghana Industries : Textile, leather, shoes, clothing industry Website : http://www.chalesocks...
From Chale Socks - Northern
Published 14 days ago
Company Profile Company : JUMIA City : Accra Country : Ghana Industries : Marketing, communication, media Distribution, selling, wholesale Services other...
From Jumia - Greater Accra
Published 14 days ago