Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana)is an ECOSOC-accredited NGO at the forefront of youth development policy, practice and research in Ghana. For more than 15 years, we have provided tailored skills training for youth, leading to improvements in their leadership, financial literacy, entrepreneurship and life planning skills. Through our service delivery, we have provided education, skills training, and technical support to thousands of youth and helped them transition to self and wage employment. Our research has contributed to filling the gap in youth data and the evidence base for public policy. And, we continue to use our national appeal and grassroots constituency, through our Voices of Youth Coalition, to advocate and campaign for youth-inclusive policies at all levels. We are entering an exciting phase of growth at YES-Ghana and are looking for new people to help take us forward.
Job Title:Digital Engagement Intern
No. of Positions One
Sector:Advocacy, Engagement & Communications
Employment Category:Fixed term
Employment Type:Full time
Contract Duration:1-3 months
Open to Expatriates:No
Reports to:Digital Engagement Manager
Start Date:1st December 2020
Purpose of the role:
As the Digital Engagement Intern, you will support the digital engagement strategy of YES-Ghana towards the organisation’s objectives, solidify relationships with our online community, and discover and share stories worth telling. You will work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to transform stories, content, current events and outcomes into successful social media campaigns that generate conversation and help the organisation connect with and expand its social following.
• Content development: support identification and shaping of meaningful content within the organisation and the youth community to highlight via the organisation’s digital channels; support the production of content for digital activities, including multimedia content for website and social media platforms, action alerts, donor appeals and other electronic grassroots communications
• Website management: backstop all aspects of web management to increase traffic to site and
improve user experience; help leverage official websites to share and promote the organisation’s programmes and brand
• Social media management: support maintenance of the organisation’s flagship social media channels, from scheduling and publishing to monitoring and engaging; work with supervisor to ensure that all messages, whether pre-approved or spontaneous, are consistent, well written and brand appropriate; develop and execute plan for improving the organisation’s social media engagement, including generating campaigns to activate existing constituents and engage new ones
• Writing: produce a wide range of high-quality written communication materials, including but not limited to social media messaging, blog posts, electronic newsletters, digital ad copy, emails, social media policy documents and internal communications
• Best practices and protocol: work closely with the wider team to establish best practices and protocol for all social media efforts; serve as a consultant to other teams and field staff on creative, effective and appropriate uses of social media channels and tools
• Metrics: establish key metrics for social media; gather data and report on performance against established metrics; use insights from metrics to adjust strategy and tactics as needed, and to aid in the development and execution of future plans
• Current or recent student
• Experience with all major social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram; familiarity with live events (such as Facebook Live) and enterprise social media management software (such as Hootsuite) required
• Working knowledge of WordPress CMS solutions
• Graphic design, video and photo editing skills
• Written and oral communications skills, with the ability to research and make complex information relatable to a variety of audiences; editing and proofreading skills are a must
• Maturity, sound judgment and the ability to work independently; when engaging with the online community, must be able to recognise when to seek additional input and when to flag issues, trends and opportunities for leadership
The purpose of thePrincipal Research OfficeratGhanaStatistical Serviceis toprovide technical and operational support for implementation of policy-oriented...
From Ghana Statistical Service - Greater Accra
Published 24 days ago
A reputable manufacturing company located on the Spintex Road,Accrais seeking to recruit suitably qualified persons for the positions ofMaintenance Technicians...
From Reputable Manufacturing Company - Greater Accra
Published 23 days ago
Job Summary Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of product costing, and maintaining a cost accounting system for the organization. Responsibilities: Develop...
From Reliance Personnel - Greater Accra
Published 13 days ago
Job Description and Responsibilities Ensure the product being produced is of the highest standard Ensuring CGMP and sops are adhered to, throughout the facility...
From Reputable Company - Greater Accra
Published 10 days ago